fiScanner supports the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7, although it has only been tested on a 32 bit Windows 7 platform.
- Default filenames and the output folder can be specified before scanning occurs
- It can be run in a mode to scan multiple documents one after another, with each having the same base name. (Called 'Batch mode' in the actual interface)
- Settings, such as the default filename or whether or not to scan multiple documents at once can be made persistent across scanning sessions
- fiScanner is completely self-contained, and no installation is necessary. If settings are saved, then they are stored in the registry. An option is provided to delete all settings as required.
- fiScanner is still in an alpha stage, and as such, there may be undetected bugs. Please post any such bugs to the forum on the sf.net project page (link in the left column)